WECHAT, ALIBABA & CO.
ENTERING THE CHINESE MARKETING AND COMMERCE ECOSYSTEM
HAMBURG - 07.04.2020
Strategic China Digital Marketing and eCommerce Special (English)
- China and the Chinese from a consumer marketing tech perspective: Geography and current consumer demographic figures
- China‘s tech landscape: Alibaba’s “Ali system” vs. the “Tencent system”. Covering WeChat, Weibo, Taobao, TMall, Weitao, JD, Didi, Little Red Book (RED), Meituan, Youku, Yizhibo, Bilibili, Alipay, WechatPay – and then there’s still Bytedance’s Tik Tok and search engine Baidu
- China‘s Influencer industry and why it’s so important for any marketing plan
- WeChat moments, official service/subscription/enterprise accounts, groups, wallet, mini programs, search and other trends
- WeChat Influencers & KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders)
- WeChat Ads and CRM
- How to sell via WeChat & Weibo from outside China
- Cross-border payments via WeChat & Alipay
- Managing international logistics for WeChat stores
- market and competitor analysis, review of brand/trade market status abroad, trade options, platform and onboarding requirements, financial feasibility/business planning
- cross-border vs. general trade, warehouse location options: DE, CN/bonded, HK, comparison across criteria like price, delivery time, etc., W2W (web2web), standalone warehouses, bonded warehouse
Step by step: Exemplified platform onboarding process on Tmall
Marketing: platform-internal and platform-external channels
- Overview, best practices, budget allocation
- Deep dive: Alibaba – user behavior
- Deep dive: Alibaba – best practices in key channels
- Deep dive: JD.com
- Deep dive: RED
- Deep dive: Tiktok
- Marketing budget allocation: product nature, pull vs. push, existing brand awareness, budget and ambition level, restrictions
- what a German brand needs to bring to China to be successful
- what his Chinese audience really appreciates in terms of brand information
- what he always tell his German clients who are trying to establish their brands in China
- what it takes to be a successful Chinese influencer
- how the different platforms in China work for his brand messages
- Germany’s inbound tourism from China: facts and trends
- A Chinese tourist’s customer journey: How to reach out to and get in contact with Chinese tourists across digital touchpoints
- Mobile payment solutions: How to attract new customers with Alipay and WeChat Pay marketing at the POS
Thomas Derksen (Afu)
China's Top German Influencer
Thomas Derksen is the No 1 German KOL/Influencer in China. Originally working in a German bank, he quit his job to study Chinese and Economy in Bochum and Shanghai. After he moved to Shanghai in 2016 he started producing short videos in Chinese and gained immense popularity with now more than 7 million followers on Chinese and Western social media platforms. He worked together with several German brands in China, like Alipay, Rossmann, Ergobag (Fond of), Bayern München and Alpecin (Dr. Wolff) and many more. He is also author of a Spiegel bestselling book about his life in China.
Writer & Market Analyst | OMR
Corinna Bremer is a market analyst for China’s tech industry. After studying Chinese, Corinna spent 10 years in China working for German media conglomerate Bertelsmann, where she managed the corporation’s Chinese magazine, advertising and digital media businesses. In addition to providing market insights with her company China Tech Intelligence, she is a frequent contributor to the OMR Daily Blog where she writes about China’s latest Internet trends.
Co-Founder | WalktheChat
Thomas Graziani is a French WeChat eCommerce and CRM specialist, as well as co-founder of WalktheChat. He helps companies make the most out of WeChat to grow their business. WalktheChat is a Beijing-based consulting and development agency focussed on building innovative strategies and products for WeChat marketing and branding. WalktheChat works with large groups such as Nestlé, as well as small and middle-sized enterprises. Previously, Thomas was part of the marketing and strategy department at Schneider Electric China and a consultant at the Boston Consulting Group. He lives and works in Beijing.
Managing Partner | Genuine German
Wenjing Liu is a Chinese eCommerce professional at Genuine German. Wenjing has grown up as an eCommerce and social media native. She studied in China and France, and found her passion in helping European brands entering this complex market. She is an expert in transliterating European product and brand strategies to the local Chinese environment, while being aware of the operational and regulatory intricacies of the specific product. Wenjing lives and works in Shanghai and Berlin.
Founder & CEO | Genuine German
Damian Maib is the founder and CEO of Genuine German. He develops and executes eCommerce and marketing strategies for German brands to reach and secure their share of the Chinese market. Genuine German, with its holistic brand building approach, strongly utilizes the combination of large sales platforms with intense social media marketing (e.g. Alibaba and RED). Damian works and lives in Shanghai and Berlin. Genuine German clients include multi-national corporations and well known late stage startups.
China Digital Strategist
Sven Spöde is a China digital strategist. He is an expert in WeChat and Alipay marketing and helps German and European companies to connect with their Chinese customer and target groups in Germany. Skilled in digital strategy, intercultural communication, user experience, and usability engineering with an academic background in Cognitive Science.
Book seminar now
Weitere Events & Seminare
Facebook & Instagram Advertising Beginner
Ganztägiges Seminar mit top Experten | Grundlagen Business Manager | Pixel | Professionelles Kampagnen-Setup | Targeting und Custom Audiences | Tracking & Optimierung | Anzeigengestaltung | Networking
Facebook & Instagram Advertising Pro
Ganztägiges Seminar mit top Experten | Custom Audiences | Lookalike Audiences & Partnerkategorien | Kampagnentypen & Skalierung | Optimierungsstrategien | Kampagnensetup & Best Practices | Networking
Lerne, wie Du mit einer nachhaltigen Content-Strategie erfolgreich Abonnenten für Deinen Instagram-Kanal generierst, hohes Engagement erzielst und Dir eine wertvolle organische Trafficquelle aufbaust.