WECHAT, ALIBABA & CO.
ENTERING THE CHINESE MARKETING AND COMMERCE ECOSYSTEM
HAMBURG - 07.04.2020
Strategic China Digital Marketing and eCommerce Special (English)
- China and the Chinese from a consumer marketing tech perspective: Geography and most actual consumer demographic figures
- China‘s tech landscape - An overview over Alibaba’s “Ali system” vs. the “Tencent system”. Covering WeChat, Weibo, Taobao, TMall, Weitao, JD, Didi, Little Red Book (RED), Meituan, Youku, Yizhibo, Bilibili, Alipay, WechatPay – and then there’s still Bytedance’s Tik Tok and search engine Baidu
- China‘s Influencer industry and why it’s so important for any marketing plan
- WeChat moments, official service/subscription/enterprise accounts, groups, wallet, mini programs, search and other trends
- WeChat Influencers & KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders)
- WeChat Ads and CRM
- How to sell via WeChat & Weibo from outside China
- Cross-border payments via WeChat & Alipay
- Managing international logistics for WeChat stores
- The Alibaba ecosystem: What does it have to offer to companies?
- What do you have to do to reach Chinese customers?
- Crossborder marketplaces (such as Alibaba’s TMall Global)
- Free trade zone warehouse
- Crossborder retailers
- Checking out your brand’s resellers
- Your getting-started checklist for eCommerce in China
- Case study: Aldi
- Latest trends such as live-streaming and o2o business
Advertising and KOL marketing as well as live-streaming-options on Weitao, Little Red Book, Paola, Meituan and Bill Bili
- Germany’s inbound tourism from China:
- facts and trends A Chinese tourist’s customer journey:
- How to reach out to and get in contact with Chinese tourists across digital touchpoints Mobile payment solutions:
- How to attract new customers with Alipay and WeChat Pay marketing at the POS
Writer & Market Analyst | OMR
Corinna Bremer is a market analyst for China’s tech industry. After studying Chinese, Corinna spent 10 years in China working for German media conglomerate Bertelsmann, where she managed the corporation’s Chinese magazine, advertising and digital media businesses. In addition to providing market insights with her company China Tech Intelligence, she is a frequent contributor to the OMR Daily Blog where she writes about China’s latest Internet trends.
Co-Founder | WalktheChat
Thomas Graziani is a French WeChat eCommerce and CRM specialist, as well as co-founder of WalktheChat. He helps companies make the most out of WeChat to grow their business. WalktheChat is a Beijing-based consulting and development agency focussed on building innovative strategies and products for WeChat marketing and branding. WalktheChat works with large groups such as Nestlé, as well as small and middle-sized enterprises. Previously, Thomas was part of the marketing and strategy department at Schneider Electric China and a consultant at the Boston Consulting Group. He lives and works in Beijing.
Founder & CEO | Genuine German
Damian Maib is the founder and CEO of Genuine German. He develops and executes eCommerce and marketing strategies for German brands to reach and secure their share of the Chinese market. Genuine German, with its holistic brand building approach, strongly utilizes the combination of large sales platforms with intense social media marketing (e.g. Alibaba and RED). Damian works and lives in Shanghai and Berlin. Genuine German clients include multi-national corporations and well known late stage startups.
China Digital Strategist
Sven Spöde is a China digital strategist. He is an expert in WeChat and Alipay marketing and helps German and European companies to connect with their Chinese customer and target groups in Germany. Skilled in digital strategy, intercultural communication, user experience, and usability engineering with an academic background in Cognitive Science.
eCommerce + digital strategist
Lac Tran is a Canadian eCommerce + digital strategist with over 18 years of experience in digital media and strategy. He is co-founder of web2asia, a premier e-commerce agency in China that strategizes and manages foreign brands in the Chinese market. Through the combination of e-commerce operations, expertise and proprietary programmatic media buy solutions within the Alibaba ecosystem, web2asia is now one of the leading players in China. His clients include DM, HansGrohe, Marks & Spencer, Speedo, Jaguar/Land Rover, Calvin Klein and LVMH. He lives and works in Shanghai, China.